- 1368-1398: Zhu Yuanzhang, Hung Wu emperor, reigns.
- 1403-1424: Reign of Yong Lee, emperor.
- 1522: Single-Whip Reforms.
- 1549: Francis Xavier, Jesuit missionary, attempts to enter China.
- 1550: Altan Khan attempts to take Beijing.
- 1559-1626: Nurhaci, Jurchen Manzhou leader.
- 1621: Liaoyang and Shenyang are taken by Nurhaci.
- 1628: Famine; rebellion led by Li Zicheng.
- 1592-1643: Abahai succeeds Nurhaci as Manzhou leader.
- 1644: Li Zicheng captures Beijing; Li Zicheng defeated by Manzhou under Wu Sangui.