- 1814: The First Treaty of Paris: establishes a lenient peace with France.
- 1814-1815: The Congress of Vienna meets.
- 1815: Napoleon escapes from Elba, gathers a new army, but is defeated at Waterloo.
- The Treaty of Vienna establishes the territorial settlement for Europe.
- The second Treaty of Paris ends the Napoleonic Wars with a harsher settlement for France.
- Russia, Prussia and Austria establish the Holy Alliance.
- Great Britain, Austria, Prussia and Russia establish the Quadruple Alliance.
- 1817: Simon Bolivar becomes President of Gran Columbia.
- The German students of the Burschenschaften hold the celebration at the Wartburg.
- 1818: Congress of Aix-la-Chapelle.
- 1819: The Peterloo Massacre in Manchester, England.
- The German princes issue the Carlsbad Decrees.
- 1820: Jose de San Martin proclaims independence of Peru.
- 1822: Brazil declares its independence of Portugal.
- Jean Francois Champollion decifers the Rosetta Stone
- 1823: The Unites States of America proclaims the Monroe Doctrine.
- 1825: The Decembrist Revolt in Russia.
- 1829-1830: Greece gains independence from the Ottoman Empire.
- 1830: Belgium gains independence from the Netherlands.
- King Charles X of France is overthrown. The July Monarchy of Louis Philippe is established.
- 1831: Giuseppe Mazzini establishes Young Italy.
- 1832: British Parliament passes the Reform Bill of 1832 which changes the basis of Parliamentary representation.
- 1839: The People's Charter is presented to the British Parliament.
- 1846: The British Parliament repeals the Corn Laws.
- 1848: The Revolutions of 1848