- 1765: The Stamp Act is passed.
- 1770: The Boston Massacre.
- 1775: Battles of Lexington and Concord
- 1776: American Declaration of Independence.
- 1781: British surrender at Yorktown.
- 1789: The Estates-General are called.
- 1792: The French monarchy is abolished.
- 1793: Louis XVI is executed.
- 1794: Danton is executed.
- 1795: The Directory is established.
- 1799: The Coup of 18 Brumaire.
- 1804: Napoleon crowns himself "Emperor of the French."
- 1812: Napoleon invades Russia.
- 1814: The Congress of Vienna convenes.
- 1817: Simon Bolivar becomes president of Gran Columbia.
- 1825: Decembrist Revolt in Russia.
- 1830: The July Monarchy of Louis Philippe is established.
- 1848: The Revolutions of 1848
- 1807: Robert Fulton begins steamship service on the Hudson River.
- 1830: George Stephenson begins rail service between Liverpool and London.
- 1840: Samuel Cunard begins transatlantic steamship service.