- c. 130 BC: Expansion of Han China to the Parthian Empire
- c. 130 BC: Rome establishes its dominance in the Mediterranean
- 140-87 BC: Han China at its largest territorial extent under the Emperor Wu Ti.
- 98-117: Roman Empire at its largest territorial extent under the Emperor Trajan.
- 180-284: Crisis of Third Century Rome
- 220: End of the Han Dynasty
- 220-265: Three Kingdoms Period in China
- ca. AD 200-370: Roman Empire invaded by the Goths
- 370: The Huns invade Eastern Europe.
- 558: Avars invade the Byzantine Empire.
- c. 450: Anglo-Saxons invade England.
- 630-640: Muslim Conquest of the Near East and Egypt
- 690-710: Muslim Conquest of North Africa and Spain
- 717-718: Attempt to conquer Constantinople.
- 751: Battle of Talas River
- 768-814: Reign of Charlemagne
- 800-900: Viking raids against European mainland
- 907-960: Collapse of Central Government in China
- 1055-1250: Expansion of Islam under the Seljuks
- 1258: Mongols sack Baghdad. Abbasid Caliphate ends.
- 1206: Temujin is proclaimed "Jenghiz Khan"
- 1258: Baghdad is sacked
- 1260-1368: Yuan Dynasty governs China
- 1275-1292: Marco Polo travels in China
- 1350: Rise of Ottoman Turks
- 1352: ibn Battuta travels in Africa
- 1453: Ottoman Turks capture Constantinople.
- 1492: End of the Reconquista in Spain.
- 1526: Battle of Mohacs
- 1529: First Siege of Vienna
- 1571: Battle of Lepanto
- 1683: Final Siege of Vienna